Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My First Quilt Show

So this last weekend I attended (and helped set up and take down) my first Quilt Show!  The quilt groups In Stitches and Stitch in Go put up their quilt show that they hold every two years. This last Friday and Saturday had been long awaited by many.  Below are a few personal images from the show as well as a few close ups taken by my mother. Check out the Southwest Washington Project Linus Chapter group's post about the show here!

















Look who came to see me!!! (and the quilts, of course!)





 There was a large section of wedding ring quilts and wedding dresses from different decades. I had the privilege to help set up this portion. 
This dress is from the 50's and it's made from a silk parachute.   


This dress is from the 20's. It's all silk, even lined in silk. and it's absolutely gorgeous. 


Here are some close ups courtesy of mother:


























No comments:

Post a Comment