Thursday, January 16, 2014

Personal Bits in this Mad Party of Life - Open Heart Surgery

It feels as though I’ve had open heart surgery
Or maybe something worse.
My heart beats irregular, fast.
Skipping, racing toward something uncatchable
Or possibly away from.
I cannot tell its direction in its hurried state


It aches and pumps methodically
like its out for revenge
Hoping to hurt me, the way I’ve allowed you to break it.


In my recovery, since your abandonment
I work on healing my mind mostly
But when it comes to my heart
I am at a loss


It was stolen and broken
Previously hidden from view
It is now seemingly in pieces on display


How it will heal...
I know not.


I may yet grow a new one


In time, it will beat again
Strong and regular


In time, it will be willing to allow someone in again
Who is just and caring

No comments:

Post a Comment