Thursday, January 9, 2014

A few random things from this week so far:

-I was hoping on having pictures of a place I used to frequent as a child posted today. Due to rain and wind, my wool socks and big rubber boots weren't enough to get me across the giant field to my old stomping ground. It has literally been rain checked till hopefully next week or whenever the rain lets up.

-Since I have been out of school, well before that really, I've been wanting to do more donating and volunteer work. A local group of a nation wide project, Project Linus, has taken me in and allowed me to help them organize and help make blankets.  They impact so many, and its just simply wonderful working with these ladies and people. The Washington Chapter Listings are found here and the local blog is found here.

-I've been sewing and quilting a lot this week and it shall continue at an accelerated pace throughout this weekend. I have two blankets to quilt for Linus, four quilts to tie for Linus, creatures to make, I'd like to finish my current embroidery, a magnet to make for the fridge (random I know: one side says "Hangry" and the other side "FULL"), and start quilting the small table topper I sandwiched this last Tuesday. I know I won't get through all of these by Monday or Wednesday, but I'm Sooooo going to try. Well, if my figures and sewing machine don't give out on me.

-I bought a sewing machine online! Oooo, I know. I have my mother's sewing machine that I use and it is wonderful. The one I ordered was on sale and it's one of those mini 'portable' Singer sewing machines. Whenever I move or have a project on the go, I think it will help. I do have an amazing vintage Singer sewing machine from 1914 that I adore. The motor still works but I haven't used it to sew anything.

-I was informed today that my grandfather and honorary grandmother think that "my ex must not like girls because otherwise it just doesn't make sense." Which I think is hilarious and sweet of them. I don't think he is, but if he is, good for him. I know my honorary grandmother really liked him and I think the whole ordeal is just still really shocking to her. She told me many times that he reminded her of her late husband and I just hope that it's not bringing up anything too troubling for her.

-I got to see "my little brother" this week. He came to see me on his day off. It was very sweet of him. Most people don't ever come to see me.

-I looked at apartment listings with my future roomie. She may make an appearance later, but she's pretty shy.

Yes, I believe that's mostly it.

I hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend if I don't get around to posting anything this weekend on account of all the sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment