Friday, April 4, 2014

A Writing Prompt.. write about the anger that caused you so much trouble..



I've been noticing these more and more online lately. Decided to take a crack at one of them. Here you go:

















I've been irrationally grumpy today.
The kind of irritation that grows and grows and grows.
With every spoken word, they draw closer to you
With every step, the anger grows
More and more as they get closer and closer.
What they say is not it
Simply their person getting closer is enough
Is this possibly irrational?
Perchance.
Though it is my current state.
Dare I clench my teeth?
Oh, they'd grind off to nubs.
Clench my fists, my figures will probably fall off.
My stomach is in knots.
My mind a blur, a haze, an explosion of fury.
I can't keep my anger for much longer
Though it seems to over stay its welcome far too often.
It seems to come in waves
At inopportune times
Mid-morning, mid-afternoon, deep in the evening
Makes no difference to my anger
My mind is a revolving door for it to run through as it wishes.
My body, its play thing
Doing with me as it will
A force of destruction of which I only have the control of the clean up.
For that's what I'm left with when it finally departs.
Shreds of anger dispensed along the path I blazed
Combined with bits of life, edged in charcoal by the heat of my anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment