Monday, April 28, 2014

I finished off another sketchbook..so...

I went through a full sketchbook, cover to cover, in under four months. Usually it takes me much longer to do this. Usually because I simply don't feel inspired nor have the time.

I'm so giddy to be starting another one, that I thought I should take a moment and reflect back on some of the things I loved most from this last sketch book.  It helped me through a lot of confusion, figuring, heart ache, want, joy, giggling fits, and so on. There's text, words, and drawings. Some are my own ideas and others I simply wanted to see if I could create something similar.  And you may think, (tilts head to the side), that I'm crazy for some of the things I've drawn and sketch.  And perhaps I am. But I don't seem to mind. And honestly, the sketchbook hasn't complained yet.

And yes, I love my Paper Mate Flair pen..possibly too much.. I was going to photograph more of my drawings, but I honestly got a little self conscious about it. Not because of the quality (which does vary) but because of the emotions that I associate with some of them. I usually don't show my work to many people, so this is a step in and of itself.

So without further gilding of the lily, if you can even call it that, here are some of my favourite bits from my now complete sketch book.



(yes,.. I'm plotting my escape! and oh, look, my sloppy/excited hand writing..)

-random writings and potential quilt designs-

-words I adore / find intriguing-

-phrases and quotes that inspire me-

-they rang in source material (various books, poems, friends and even my old writing), but the inspiration is still great for me-





-this guy reminded me of Wolverine a bit.. couldn't resist-


-because I love love love octopuses ... octopi? - 



















-Saw this guy online somewhere and just had to redraw him. He's stolen my heart. I'm not sure why or how, but I don't mind.-





..

Ta-da!

..

No comments:

Post a Comment