Friday, February 21, 2014

As of late

As of late, I’ve come to realize days that I used to count individually have flown by in a blur. The numbers of which are a faint memory to me.  Days and weeks are now weeks and months.  The once highly painful rhythmic beat of my heart has returned to a dull, low roar, seemingly still in its present state.  Boarded up, newly secure and healed.  A wonderfully blank and open slate lies before me.  As I walk and at times prance forward on fresh ground like walking through an undisturbed field of snow.  The prints left are my own now.  The steps evident in a swirling pattern of freedom in my own company.  The amount of peace and joy I hold now is more then I’ve held in far more than a year with him.  It surprised me at first. And then I found myself wishing I had made that step myself and sooner.  A step to a better me. To a solitary state. To enjoy the simple bits of life and of not knowing what each gloriously diverse day will bring.  I find it ironic how the things that were once of negative concern are no more.  I feel at peace for the moments being. A feeling I had long since forgotten.  Though the world crumbles around me daily and I reflect on life’s joys and defeats; I am reassured that this is where I am supposed to be.  And what’s more, is I’ve never been so sure of the ledge that I stand on and that the next leap is yet to come. Whatever that leap may be, it will be bigger, louder, and have such a grandeur as I have not yet seen. And that, dear reader, gives me more hope than I thought I would have at this point in my life.  This forward motion may hurt and burn our bodies, but wouldn’t it not be moving forward if it were to not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment