Saturday, June 14, 2014

Going out on a limb...

I did it you know. I went out on a limb, one day.

Complete with thought. Which, I feel, usually isn't included in going out on a limb. But I did. I did it. I tried..if only for an instant.

It didn't work, well, maybe it did.

Allow me to explain.

A guy, a kid, a puppy, mayhaps, a guy... a... Ha'penny guy, if you will...came into work one day.

He was nice. Funny, tall, dark, not bad to look at.

He asked questions, intently answered, held conversation. Understood odd references and 'odd' lingo.

Referenced things of old, which, by now you know I adore.

He sassed and possibly flirted.

He left his number and name when he left with a "You rock."

...A question held in my brain as I laughed at his last moments.

It was daring and honest and simple.

The best possible tri-fecta.

...

I told a friend of the encounter, and she laughed as I did.

It was fun, sweet, innocent.

A day or so later I text him.

We casually text back and forth.

He, younger then I'm used to as of late, made a joke and a question.

I responded in kind and called him on it, if you will.

And in its informality, it slowly died out. Which I actually don't mind.

And you know why?

Because I did it. I took that chance, on the off hand that maybe it'd be interesting...or something.

And it was.

It was a good laugh, and a good step forward.

Ha'penny guy. Thank you.

Your simplicity and nonchalant bravado has been more impact-full then you will know

No comments:

Post a Comment